YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE
You must not
use this Website (or permit or procure others to use it) as follows:
- for any unlawful, improper or illegal purpose or activity;
- to communicate or receive information that is obscene, indecent, pornographic, sadistic, cruel, or racist in content, of a sexually explicit or graphic nature, which promotes or incites discrimination, hatred or racism or which might be legally actionable for any reason;
- in a manner intended to threaten, harass, or intimidate;
- to violate First Trust Global Portfolios Limited ("First Trust") or any third party's copyright, trademark, proprietary or other intellectual property rights;
- to damage First Trust’s name or reputation or that of First Trust’s affiliated companies or any third parties;
- to impersonate any of First Trust’s employees or other person or use a false name while using this Website or implying an association with First Trust;
- to penetrate First Trust’s security measures or other entities' systems ("hacking");
- to transmit unsolicited voluminous emails (for example, spamming) or to intercept, interfere with or redirect email intended for others using this Website;
- to generate excessive amounts of internet traffic, to interfere with First Trust’s network or other’s use of this Website or to engage in activities designed to, or having the effect of, degrading or denying service to other users of this Website or others;
- to introduce viruses, worms, harmful code and/or Trojan horses onto the internet or into this Website or any other entity’s systems and it is your responsibility to ensure that whatever you download or select for your use from this Website is free from such items;
- to post or transmit information that is defamatory, fraudulent or deceptive including, but not limited to, scams such as "make-money-fast" schemes or "pyramid/chain" letters; and/or
- to transmit confidential or proprietary information, except solely at your own risk.
LIABILITY FOR USE OF THIS WEBSITE
Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis and First Trust reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service it provides on this Website without notice. First Trust does not accept any liability if, for any reason, this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Information and opinions contained on this Website have been compiled or arrived at by First Trust from sources believed to be reliable. Any opinions attributed to First Trust constitute its judgement as of the date of the relevant material and are subject to change without notice. However, to the extent permitted by law, First Trust, its affiliates and other third parties connected to First Trust hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties, representations and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity. First Trust, its affiliates and other third parties connected to First Trust further exclude, to the extent permitted by law, any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind incurred by any user of this Website in connection with this Website or in reliance on the information or opinions contained on it, or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of this Website or any websites linked to it or materials posted on it. First Trust disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed by any user of this Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of the information on this Website, on materials and information posted on this Website.
The information on this Website is provided “as is”. To the extent permitted by law, no guarantee or representation, express or implied, is made as to the accuracy, validity, timeliness, completeness or continued availability of any information made available. First Trust does not warrant the accuracy of the materials provided on this Website and any warranty of any kind is disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law or regulation. First Trust shall not have any responsibility to maintain the information made available on this Website or to supply any corrections, updates or releases in connection therewith. Availability of information is subject to change without notice.
The internet is not a completely reliable transmission medium and neither First Trust nor any of its affiliates accept any liability for any data transmission errors such as data loss or damage or alteration of any kind or for the security or confidentiality of information transmitted across the internet to or from First Trust or any of its affiliates. Any such transmission of information is entirely at your own risk. First Trust does not guarantee and First Trust accepts no liability for ensuring that this Website or its contents are free of viruses or any other damaging material.
Neither First Trust nor any of its directors, officers or employees, nor any other person will be liable or have any responsibility of any kind for any loss or damage that any user of this Website incurs in the event of any failure or interruption of this Website or resulting from the act or omission of any other party involved in making this Website or the information contained on it available to you, or from any other cause relating to a user of this Website’s access to, inability to access, or use this Website or this information, whether or not the circumstances giving rise to such cause may have been within the control of First Trust or of any third party providing software or support services.
In no event will First Trust or any such parties be liable to a user of this Website for any direct, special, indirect, consequential, incidental damages or any other damages of any kind even if First Trust or any other party has been advised of the possibility thereof. The above does not exclude or restrict any duty or liability that First Trust has by law and under the regulatory system in the United Kingdom.
First Trust Global Portfolios values our relationship with you and considers your privacy an important priority in maintaining that relationship. We are committed to protecting the security and confidentiality of your personal information.
Sources of Information
We may collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you and your broker-dealer, investment advisor or financial representative through interviews, applications, agreements or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others;
- Information we receive from your inquiries by mail, e-mail or telephone; and
- Information we collect on our website through the use of "cookies". For example, we may identify your investor type and the pages on our website that your browser requests or visits. For more information, consult the cookie usage section of this page.
Please note that pursuant to any applicable data protection laws in each jurisdiction (including, without limitation, the European Data Protection Directive 1995 (the "Directive"), the Data Protection Act 1998, and any national laws implementing the Directive), we are obliged to inform you that any personal information (for the purposes of the Directive this shall mean "Personal Data" as that term is defined in the Directive) (hereinafter "Personal Data") may be disclosed, processed and transferred by us to unaffiliated companies for the following reasons:
- In order to provide you with products and services and to effect transactions that you request or authorize, we may disclose your personal information as described above to unaffiliated financial service providers and other companies that perform administrative or other services on our behalf, such as transfer agents, custodians and trustees, or that assist us in the distribution of investor materials such as trustees, banks, financial representatives, proxy services, solicitors and printers.
- We may release information we have about you if you direct us to do so, if we are compelled by law to do so, or in other legally limited circumstances (for example to protect your account from fraud).
Disclosure of Information
We do not disclose any non-public personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as required to ensure the provision of services and products requested by you or on your behalf, as disclosed above, or as required by law.
Confidentiality and Security
With regard to our internal security procedures, First Trust restricts access to your non-public personal information to those First Trust employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your non-public personal information.
Policy Updates and Inquiries
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more effectively and efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
to accept cookie usage.
To withdraw your consent after accepting this cookie and before the 30 day time limit has expired, delete the COOKIE_ACCEPTED cookie. Find out how at www.aboutcookies.org.
This cookie is used to record the user's selection of type of investor.
This information is stored for 30 days and is necessary to identify the user's investor type in order to gain access to specific areas of the site relative to that selection. This cookie will recognise you and prevent this page reappearing should you access this site on future occasions. The cookie will expire after 30 days.
This cookie is used to record the user's country selection.
This information is stored for 30 days and is necessary to identify the user's country in order to gain access to specific areas of the site relative to that selection. This cookie will recognise you and prevent this page reappearing should you access this site on future occasions. The cookie will expire after 30 days.
ASP Session ID
This cookie is used to by the website to track each user's session. It contains a unique session id specific to that user. This cookie will expire at the end of the session (when you close your browser).
Visit the Microsoft WebSite for more information.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.